Lebanese novelist Hoda Barakat and Libyan novelist Ibrahim al-Koni have been named in the shortlist for the 2015 Man Booker International Prize, awarded for lifetime achievement.
Hoda Barakat is the author of five novels, most famously The Stone of Laughter, three of which have been translated into English. She has lived in France since 1985.
- Disciples of Passion, Syracuse University Press, Syracuse, 2005.
- The Stone of Laughter, Interlink Books, New York, 1995.
- The Tiller of Waters, American University in Cairo Press, Cairo, 2001.
A talk in Arabic between Anton Chammas and Hoda Barakat
Ibrahim al-Koni is a prolific writer, with many translated novels.
- Ibrahim al-Koni, Anubis: A Desert Novel. Translated by William M. Hutchins
- Ibrahim al-Koni, Gold Dust. Translated by Elliott Colla. London: Arabia Books, 2008. ISBN 978-1-906697-02-0
- Ibrahim al-Koni, The Animists. Translated by Elliott Colla.
- Ibrahim al-Koni, The Bleeding of the Stone. Translated by May Jayyusi and Christopher Tingley.
- Ibrahim al-Koni, The Puppet. Translated by William M. Hutchins.
- Ibrahim al-Koni, The Seven Veils of Seth.